1/1 Photo of Creamy Scalloped Potatoes (Made Easy)
1 hr 20 mins
The Spice Guru's Note:
My recipe for perfectly creamy, cheesy scalloped potatoes is made with (surprise!) natural white cheddar popcorn seasoning.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs peeled white potatoes, sliced thin (use food processor slicer)
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk
- 2 1/2 tablespoons 100% natural seasoning (Kernal Season's White Cheddar Popcorn Seasoning)
- 1/2 tablespoon dried chives or 1 tablespoon snipped fresh chives
- 1/2 teaspoon Season-All salt
- paprika, to garnish
- 1NOTE: USE ONLY KERNAL SEASON'S 100% NATURAL WHITE CHEDDAR POPCORN SEASONING (NOT NACHO CHEDDAR FLAVOR!). IF USING SALTED BUTTER, OMIT THE SEASONED SALT, BUT ADD A DASH OF GARLIC POWDER, ONION POWDER, PAPRIKA, BLACK OR WHITE PEPPER, AND A PINCH OF CELERY SALT, IN STEP 4. (STEP ONE): PREHEAT oven to 350°F; SPRAY a 2 quart casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- 2SLICE 2 lbs washed white potatoes thinly using a food processor slicer attachment).
- 3IN a large saucepan melt 1/3 cup unsalted butter over medium heat (use real butter or stick margarine -- not low-fat tub margarine); STIR in 1/3 cup flour and cook for just one minute while stirring (roux will be thick).
- 4WHISK in 2 1/2 cups whole milk into mixture until smooth, and then the seasonings: 2 1/2 level tablespoons Kernal Season's White Cheddar Popcorn Seasoning, 1/2 tablespoon dried chives (or 1 tablespoon snipped fresh chives), 1/2 level teaspoon seasoned salt.
- 5RAISE heat to high, while whisking constantly.
- 6WHISK and cook until mixture until thickened and creamy.
- 7ADD the potatoes to blended sauce mixture; FOLD until evenly combined.
- 8TRANSFER mixture into greased casserole dish and dust the top with paprika.
- 9BAKE for 1 hour; ALLOW to set a few minutes before serving.
- 10SERVE and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Scalloped Potatoes (Made Easy)
Serving Size: 1 (181 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 206.2
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 24.8 mg
- Sodium 272.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 4.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: