Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Wow!! You won't believe these came out of your crockpot.
- 6 medium potatoes (about 2 lbs)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 small thinly sliced onion
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 slices American cheese
- 1 cup cold water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- Peel and thinly slice potatoes.
- Toss slices in 1 cup water and 1/2 tsp cream of tarter.
- Drain in colander.
- This step is necessary so that potatoes don't turn brown.
- Put half of sliced potatoes in greased crockpot.
- Top with half of onion slices, flour, salt and pepper.
- Add remaining sliced potatoes and onions.
- Sprinkle with remaining flour.
- Add butter and undiluted soup.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 to 9 hours or high for 3 to 4 hours.
- Add cheese slices 30 minutes before serving.
These were wonderful tasting! And adding the American cheese at the end just topped them off. Thanks Audrey M....