Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This recipe is very rich and creamy. Not for the dieter! :) I add Spam to this but you can sub ham or bacon if you like!
- 4 large baking potatoes, peeled & sliced
- 354.88 ml cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 425.24 g jarbertolli alfredo sauce (or any brand of your choice)
- 340.19 g can Spam, cubed (or ham or bacon)
- 29.58 ml butter
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease 13x9 baking dish.
- Add butter and olive oil to frying pan on medium-high heat.
- When hot, add Spam and fry until slightly browned.
- Remove Spam from pan and add sliced onions (add more butter to pan if necessary); cook onions for 4 or 5 minutes until translucent.
- Slice potatoes (I used a mandoline set to 1/32).
- Layer in greased casserole dish: Potatoes, onions, Spam, cheddar, alfredo sauce (just drizzle on each layer, no need to pour - this is very rich!).
- Keep layering until you run out of ingredients.
- Cover with foil and bake for 2 hours.
For easy of assembly and taste, this is certainly a winner! I used cubed ham instead of Spam, red potatoes (no need to peel,) roasted pepper alfredo sauce and this turned out incredible. My husband raved and ended up eating about half the casserole. Love it!
Excellent recipe. Used russet potatoes, thinly sliced leftover ham from Easter, and store brand Alfredo Sauce. Thanks for posting. Rich and yummy. Enjoyed by all.
Wow, comfort food at it's best!! The salty taste of the SPAM with the creamy sauce is delicious!