This recipe is very rich and creamy. Not for the dieter! :) I add Spam to this but you can sub ham or bacon if you like!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease 13x9 baking dish.
- Add butter and olive oil to frying pan on medium-high heat.
- When hot, add Spam and fry until slightly browned.
- Remove Spam from pan and add sliced onions (add more butter to pan if necessary); cook onions for 4 or 5 minutes until translucent.
- Slice potatoes (I used a mandoline set to 1/32).
- Layer in greased casserole dish: Potatoes, onions, Spam, cheddar, alfredo sauce (just drizzle on each layer, no need to pour - this is very rich!).
- Keep layering until you run out of ingredients.
- Cover with foil and bake for 2 hours.