1/3 Photos of Creamy Scallop Lasagna
Sinfully rich, guests will ask for the recipe on this one!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup minced shallot
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 lbs small scallops
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 lasagna noodles or 12 spinach lasagna noodles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup chicken broth, unsalted
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup dry white vermouth
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup jarlsberg cheese, shredded
- 1 cup smoked gouda cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large saute pan over medium-high heat.
- 3Add the mushrooms and cook until golden, about 5 minutes.
- 4Reduce heat to medium and add the green onions, shallots, and garlic, and saute for 3 minutes.
- 5Transfer the mushroom mixture to a bowl and set aside.
- 6Do not rinse out this pan- we're going to use it again in the upcoming steps.
- 7Rinse the scallops under cold water, then pat dry with a paper towel and season with the white pepper.
- 8Increase the pan heat to medium-high and, in the previously-used pan, melt another 1 tablespoon butter.
- 9Saute the scallops until just opaque, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- 10Be careful to not overcook.
- 11Season with salt and transfer to a strainer set over a bowl to let it drain.
- 12Reserve drained liquid.
- 13Cook the lasagna noodles according to package directions.
- 14Drain, rinse immediately with cold water and then drain again.
- 15Toss with 1 Tbsp olive oil and set aside.
- 16Now to start the sauce!
- 17Over medium heat melt the remaining butter in a saucepan.
- 18Add the flour and cook, stirring constantly to keep it from browning.
- 19Gradually add the chicken broth, cream, and vermouth.
- 20Cook, stirring occasionally, until smooth and thickened, about 5 minutes.
- 21As soon as sauce begins to boil, remove it from the heat.
- 22Season with thyme and basil.
- 23Stir in 1/4 cup of the reserved strained scallop juice.
- 24Lightly spray the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking pan with pan spray.
- 25Pour the half-and-half into the bottom of the baking pan.
- 26Lay 4 noodles in a single layer in the pan.
- 27Layer with 1/3 each of the mushroom mixture, scallops, and shredded cheeses.
- 28Then coat with 1/3 of the sauce.
- 29Repeat the process twice, ending with the sauce.
- 30Sprinkle with grated Parmesan.
- 31Cover pan with foil and bake at 350F for 20 minutes, then remove foil and bake 20 minutes longer.
- 32Remove from oven, cover, and let sit 15 minutes before serving.
- 33Makes 6 servings.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Scallop Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (416 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 754.8
- Calories from Fat 396
- Total Fat 44.1 g
- Saturated Fat 25.7 g
- Cholesterol 171.5 mg
- Sodium 872.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 41.4 g