Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Sinfully rich, guests will ask for the recipe on this one!
Make and share this Creamy Scallop Lasagna recipe from Food.com.
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup minced shallot
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs small scallops
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 12 lasagna noodles or 12 spinach lasagna noodles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 cup chicken broth, unsalted
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄3 cup dry white vermouth
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup jarlsberg cheese, shredded
- 1 cup smoked gouda cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large saute pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until golden, about 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the green onions, shallots, and garlic, and saute for 3 minutes.
- Transfer the mushroom mixture to a bowl and set aside.
- Do not rinse out this pan- we're going to use it again in the upcoming steps.
- Rinse the scallops under cold water, then pat dry with a paper towel and season with the white pepper.
- Increase the pan heat to medium-high and, in the previously-used pan, melt another 1 tablespoon butter.
- Saute the scallops until just opaque, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Be careful to not overcook.
- Season with salt and transfer to a strainer set over a bowl to let it drain.
- Reserve drained liquid.
- Cook the lasagna noodles according to package directions.
- Drain, rinse immediately with cold water and then drain again.
- Toss with 1 Tbsp olive oil and set aside.
- Now to start the sauce!
- Over medium heat melt the remaining butter in a saucepan.
- Add the flour and cook, stirring constantly to keep it from browning.
- Gradually add the chicken broth, cream, and vermouth.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until smooth and thickened, about 5 minutes.
- As soon as sauce begins to boil, remove it from the heat.
- Season with thyme and basil.
- Stir in 1/4 cup of the reserved strained scallop juice.
- Lightly spray the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking pan with pan spray.
- Pour the half-and-half into the bottom of the baking pan.
- Lay 4 noodles in a single layer in the pan.
- Layer with 1/3 each of the mushroom mixture, scallops, and shredded cheeses.
- Then coat with 1/3 of the sauce.
- Repeat the process twice, ending with the sauce.
- Sprinkle with grated Parmesan.
- Cover pan with foil and bake at 350F for 20 minutes, then remove foil and bake 20 minutes longer.
- Remove from oven, cover, and let sit 15 minutes before serving.
- Makes 6 servings.