Recipe by Helping Hands
I love sauteed spinach with garlic, and one day I got creative and threw in some shredded cheddar cheese (Tilamook is the best). Yum! Yum! What a delightful treat my surprise turned out to be! :-) This may even appeal to non-spinach lovers because of the wonderful cheesy taste it brings. Please note that, when you first start to saute the spinach leaves, it will appear to be too much spinach, but once it begins to wilt, it becomes a much smaller quanity. Best of all, this dish literally takes about 5 minutes to throw together!
- 1 (6 ounce) bag spinach leaves
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (or more, if you are a garlic-lover)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in skillet over med-high heat.
- Add spinach leaves and garlic cloves.
- Saute until spinach leaves have wilted (be careful not to overcook).
- In last few minutes of cooking time, add cheddar cheese, and cook until it is melted.
- Stir well and serve.