Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
An interesting lowfat spinach saute under cooked chicken breast. Another great recipe for dieters from Betty Crocker's New Choices Cookbook!
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 7 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Spray a large skillet with nonstick spray.
- Heat the skillet on medium heat.
- Cook the chicken 2 minutes per side.
- Reduce heat to med-low.
- Add milk, chicken broth, and the onion.
- Cook 5 minutes, turning the chicken on occasion, until the onions are tender.
- Add the spinach and cook 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the spinach is wilted and the juices of the chicken run clear.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet, and keep it warm.
- Increase heat to medium.
- Cook the spinach mixture until most of the liquid has evaporated, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- Serve the chicken on top of the spinach.