An interesting lowfat spinach saute under cooked chicken breast. Another great recipe for dieters from Betty Crocker's New Choices Cookbook!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Spray a large skillet with nonstick spray.
- 2Heat the skillet on medium heat.
- 3Cook the chicken 2 minutes per side.
- 4Reduce heat to med-low.
- 5Add milk, chicken broth, and the onion.
- 6Cook 5 minutes, turning the chicken on occasion, until the onions are tender.
- 7Add the spinach and cook 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the spinach is wilted and the juices of the chicken run clear.
- 8Remove the chicken from the skillet, and keep it warm.
- 9Increase heat to medium.
- 10Cook the spinach mixture until most of the liquid has evaporated, about 3 minutes.
- 11Stir in salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- 12Serve the chicken on top of the spinach.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Sauteed Chicken and Spinach
Serving Size: 1 (228 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 164.4
- Calories from Fat 19
- Total Fat 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 70.4 mg
- Sodium 283.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 30.1 g