Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
We needed to cook a lot of sausages, so we took out the good ol' slow cooker and in a bunch of ingredients. 4 hours later, we have dinner. This was pretty good but the sausages made it a little too fatty. We had it with pasta but I'm sure it'll be good with rice or couscous as well.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs Italian sausages
- 7 potatoes, diced
- 4 onions, chopped
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 10 white mushrooms, chopped
- 2 (10 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon beef stock powder
- Cut the sausages into smaller pieces.
- Put the sausages and veggies in the slow cooker.
- Dissolve the beef stock powder in the water and add to the slow cooker.
- Add cream of mushroom soups.
- Cook for 4-8 hours (depending on your slow cooker setting).
- Serve with pasta or rice.
The flavour of this sausage recipe was lovely. As JellieBeanie said it did turn out rather fatty and next time will use a different sausage with less fat content. I used a low sodium can of mushroom soup and used 1/2 cup of homemade beef stock rather than the water and stock powder. Will certainly cook this again. Thanks Jellie Beanie
hi Jellie Beanie, this was great but i used minestrone soup and tomatoes instead of the mushroom. thanks heaps
Hi Jellie Beanie, We had this last night and we all loved it, talk about easy and tasty. Will definitely have again, although it was a little bit too salty, which I put down to the sausage I chose or the brand of mushy soup. Next time I will be careful to choose a low sodium soup and different sausage, still loved it though and would recommend to anyone for a great meal on a cold night. Thanks again