Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
Enchiladas that are velvety good. These can be made ahead and refrigerated until ready to bake. I garnish with fresh sliced jalepenos and diced tomatoes.
- 453.59 g Jimmy Dean sausage
- 1 onion, diced
- 311.84 g cream cheese
- 425.24 g Rotel Tomatoes
- 18 soft taco-size flour tortillas
- 425.24 g can refried beans
- 1182.95 ml monterey jack cheese, grated
- In skillet crumble and cook sausage with onions until done. Drain.
- In a bowl combine hot cooked sausage and onions with cream cheese and Rotel tomatoes. Mix until creamy.
- Spread a thin layer of beans on each tortilla. Top with 1/4 cup of meat mixture. Top with a pinch of cheese. Roll up and place seam side down in a greased casserole.
- Top all enchiladas with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, or longer if chilled from preparing ahead of time.
Made without the beans and they were great!
Both my husband and I loved this! I didn't have refried beans, so I had to do without them...I will be making this many more times though so I'll have to try it with them. This was so delicious and easy. Thanks for the keeper!
I made these ages ago and I thought I rated them. These were ok, my niece enjoyed them, I would make them again probably but leave the beans out, for me they overpowered the enchiladas. Thanks for sharing the recipe.