Recipe by kilofoxtrot
I got this recipe from the Pillsbury website. I made it for my sunday school class and everyone loved it.
- 1 (12 ounce) package ground pork breakfast sausage
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups milk
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) jar Green Giant sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 (2 ounce) jar hormel real bacon bits
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 eggs
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12 ounce) can refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease 13x9-inch glass baking dish. Crumble sausage into large saucepan. cook over medium-high heat until sausage is browned and thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently. Remove sausage from saucepan; drain. Set aside.
- In same large saucepan, melt 6 tablespoons of the butter. Add flour; stir with wire whisk until smooth. Cook over low heat for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually stir in milk. Cook, stirring constantly until bubbly and thickened. Add cooked sausage, mushrooms, bacon pieces and pepper; mix well. Set aside.
- In large bowl, beat eggs, evaporated milk and salt with wire whisk until well blended. Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add egg mixture; cook, stirring occasionally, until firm but still moist.
- Pour 1/3 of sauce into greased baking dish. Top with half of egg mixture. Repeat layers. Top with remaining sauce.
- Separate dough into 10 biscuits. cut each into quarters. Place biscuit pieces, points up, over sauce.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 20 to 25 minutes or until mixture is thoroughly heated and biscuits are golden brown.