I got this recipe from the Pillsbury website. I made it for my sunday school class and everyone loved it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (12 ounce) package ground pork breakfast sausage
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups milk
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) jar Green Giant sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 (2 ounce) jar hormel real bacon bits
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 eggs
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12 ounce) can refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease 13x9-inch glass baking dish. Crumble sausage into large saucepan. cook over medium-high heat until sausage is browned and thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently. Remove sausage from saucepan; drain. Set aside.
- 2In same large saucepan, melt 6 tablespoons of the butter. Add flour; stir with wire whisk until smooth. Cook over low heat for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually stir in milk. Cook, stirring constantly until bubbly and thickened. Add cooked sausage, mushrooms, bacon pieces and pepper; mix well. Set aside.
- 3In large bowl, beat eggs, evaporated milk and salt with wire whisk until well blended. Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add egg mixture; cook, stirring occasionally, until firm but still moist.
- 4Pour 1/3 of sauce into greased baking dish. Top with half of egg mixture. Repeat layers. Top with remaining sauce.
- 5Separate dough into 10 biscuits. cut each into quarters. Place biscuit pieces, points up, over sauce.
- 6Bake at 350 degrees F. for 20 to 25 minutes or until mixture is thoroughly heated and biscuits are golden brown.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Sausage Casserole With Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (242 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 407.3
- Calories from Fat 251
- Total Fat 27.9 g
- Saturated Fat 12.2 g
- Cholesterol 267.0 mg
- Sodium 812.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 16.6 g