Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Posted for ZWT 4 / Germany
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 cups drained German-style sweet sauerkraut, with caraway seeds
- 1⁄2 cup creme fraiche, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- Heat oil in a saucepan. Add sauerkraut and stir.
- Turn heat to low and cover; cook until sauerkraut is hot throughout.
- Remove from heat, let cool slightly, and stir in crème fraiche and minced chives.
If you love these ingredients, you will love this easy-to-make dish. I made it as a warming lunch for one, but it would also make a great side dish. Made and enjoyed for Zaar World Tour.