1/2 Photos of Creamy Santa Fe Chicken and Rice
1 hr 15 mins
Really healthy recipe that tastes like it isn't!!! This is actually a variation of someone else's on this site. I'm on a diet where I'm trying to eat higher protein meals regularly throughout the day and this is perfect for an after work dinner that will be satisfying without breaking any rules. A portion of 1/6 of the pan, which is very satisfying, only has about 415 calories and packs 30 grams of protein!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup fat free plain Greek yogurt
- 4 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 tablespoons taco seasoning (or to your preference)
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies (optional)
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced black olives (optional)
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained (reserve juices for rice)
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can sweet corn (optional)
- 24 ounces cooked chicken, diced large
- 2 cups rice (cooked in chicken broth or tomato juice)
- 1Cook rice according to package, but instead of water, cook the rice in an equal amount of chicken broth plus the reserved tomato juice. (So, for example, if the rice package calls for to 4 cups of water, and you have 1 cup of reserved tomato juice, you will cook the rice in the tomato juice plus 3 cups of chicken broth instead of the water.).
- 2While the rice is cooking, mix together the chilies, olives, tomatoes, corn, and cooked chicken in a large bowl.
- 3Blend cottage cheese, greek yogurt, 1 cup of the chicken broth, salt, garlic powder, and taco seasoning until smooth.
- 4When the rice is done, fold it into the chicken mixture. Then stir in the cottage cheese/greek yogurt mixture.
- 5Bake at 350 for about 45 min or until it seems to hold together nicely.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Santa Fe Chicken and Rice
Serving Size: 1 (471 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 499.2
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 86.7 mg
- Sodium 827.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 39.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: