Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a very good and creamy salsa that my mom discovered. When I make it, I never seem to make enough. If you are a health nut, like all my recipes, please don't even look!!!!!!! HA HA
- 1 quart Hellmann's mayonnaise
- 16 ounces your favorite salsa
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- crushed red pepper flakes (what ever amount desired)
- Mix all ingredients and refrigerate.
- The salsa gets hotter and better with each day.
- Best made 1 day ahead of time.
- Eat with favorite chips.
I'm no health nut, but this tastes like sweet grease...reminiscent of a bad 1000 Island dressing. Thank goodness I tasted before I served, because I ended up just having to toss it. I think an easier "creamy" salsa is to mix equal parts sour cream and salsa. Sorry, this just didn't work at all.