Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A high protein, bariatric-friendly soup recipe that my friend B. Myers gave me. You can use finely chopped cooked salmon in place of the canned variety if you prefer.
- Melt butter over medium low heat in a 2-quart saucepan; stir in flour.
- In a separate saucepan, scald milk with 1 envelope of onion soup mix.
- Gradually add milk to butter-flour mixture, stirring constantly over low heat.
- Continue cooking and stirring until milk mixture has thickened. Pick over salmon, removing bones, then add salmon and liquid to thickened milk mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve with a garnish of chopped parsley.
- Makes 4 - (8 ounce) servings.
Quick and tasty. Served with my homemade sourdough english muffins. Will make again & again.
Outstanding flavor and ease of preparation. I used 2 percent milk. Unfortunately, I didn't have even a tablespoon of flour. So I threw in one package of instant, butter-flavored grits. It made a wonderfully thickened soup.
Two of us polished this off in no time!! I used 2 cups of 2% evaporated milk and 1 cup of skim milk for this and I thought it worked just fine. It was nice and creamy and excellent with a light tomato sandwich. Thanks for the post Tornado Ali