Recipe by Tornado Ali
A high protein, bariatric-friendly soup recipe that my friend B. Myers gave me. You can use finely chopped cooked salmon in place of the canned variety if you prefer.
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 1 (16 ounce) can salmon
- salt and pepper
- chopped parsley, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter over medium low heat in a 2-quart saucepan; stir in flour.
- In a separate saucepan, scald milk with 1 envelope of onion soup mix.
- Gradually add milk to butter-flour mixture, stirring constantly over low heat.
- Continue cooking and stirring until milk mixture has thickened. Pick over salmon, removing bones, then add salmon and liquid to thickened milk mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve with a garnish of chopped parsley.
- Makes 4 - (8 ounce) servings.