Tornado Ali's Note:
A high protein, bariatric-friendly soup recipe that my friend B. Myers gave me. You can use finely chopped cooked salmon in place of the canned variety if you prefer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter over medium low heat in a 2-quart saucepan; stir in flour.
- 2In a separate saucepan, scald milk with 1 envelope of onion soup mix.
- 3Gradually add milk to butter-flour mixture, stirring constantly over low heat.
- 4Continue cooking and stirring until milk mixture has thickened. Pick over salmon, removing bones, then add salmon and liquid to thickened milk mixture.
- 5Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve with a garnish of chopped parsley.
- 6Makes 4 - (8 ounce) servings.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Salmon Soup
Serving Size: 1 (311 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 311.1
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 92.6 mg
- Sodium 989.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 29.5 g