6 hrs 30 mins
This is a summer favorite. Serve with a refreshing cucumber salad, or as a spread for crackers. Cook time equates to 6 hours chilling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can red salmon, drained,with skin and round bones removed
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 4 teaspoons gelatin
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry English-style mustard
- 4 teaspoons creamed horseradish
- 4 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup finely diced celery
- 2 teaspoons chopped capers
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped bread and butter pickles
- 1/2 cup low-fat whipping cream
- 1In a mini food processor, blend salmon with vinegar, then transfer to a bowl.
- 2Whisk gelatine into hot water with a fork until dissolved.
- 3When cool, combine gelatine mixture with sugar, mustard, creamed horseradish and mayonnaise, and stir into salmon.
- 4Then fold the celery, capers, green onions and bread and butter pickles, through the salmon mixture.
- 5Lastly, lightly whip the cream and add.
- 6Taste for seasoning and add a smidgen of salt and pepper if desired.
- 7Spoon into a lightly oiled 4-cup mould.
- 8Refrigerate for six hours, or until chilled and set.
- 9To unmould, quickly dip in hot water, then turn upside down onto a serving platter.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Salmon Mousse
Serving Size: 1 (639 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 233.3
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 66.0 mg
- Sodium 198.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 24.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar
low-fat whipping cream