Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 8 ounces linguine
- 8 spears asparagus
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 lb salmon, fully cooked, flaked
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons basil, fresh minced
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 2 teaspoons lemon peel, grated
- Cook linguine according to package directions, adding asparagus during the last 5 minutes of cooking. Drain pasta and cut asparagus in 2 inch pieces.
- Saute garlic in butter in a large skillet for 1 minute. Add asparagus and saute an additional minute. Stir in cream and lemon juice. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer, uncovered for 2-3 minutes until slightly thickened, stirring constantly.
- Add salmon, salt and pepper. Heat through. Add linguine to skillet, stir in cheese, basil, capers and lemon peel.