Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From the North American Lobster Co., Carlstadt from Amy Goffio. This makes 2 servings so you may need to double and so on...
- 2 (8 ounce) salmon fillets, skinless
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 14 ounces fresh spinach, cleaned and snipped
- 1⁄2 cup shallot, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- kosher salt
- white pepper
- In a hot saute pan, add butter and as it begins to smoke, add salmon, spinach and shallots and cook on medium to low heat for 3 minutes.
- Flip salmon over and add heavy cream.
- Cover and reduce cream by half.
- In a small bowl, mix bread crumbs with mozzarella.
- When cream is reduced by half, after 8-10 minutes, salt and pepper salmon to taste.
- Remove salmon from pan and top with spinach, then with the crumb-cheese mixture.
- Put fish on broiler pan and reserve cream sauce.
- Place under boiler until the cheese is melted.
- Finish with the remaining cream sauce and serve.
I did this with canned salmon, and it turned out fairly well. I wasn't able to reserve any sauce, since the fish was mixed in with it, so there wasn't really a sense of a sauce on the finished dish. Also, I wilted the spinach slightly before layering it over the fish mixture, just for convenience in handling.
This was a fantastic dinner! I substituted the spinach with asparagus and served it over garlic red mashed potatoes. My husband was pleased, too.