Recipe by Oolala
From the North American Lobster Co., Carlstadt from Amy Goffio. This makes 2 servings so you may need to double and so on...
Top Review by surus
I happened to have all the ingredients (only 6oz of spinach and 1 cup of cream though) so tried this recipe. It was fabulous. The cream did not thicken up after 8 min. covered so I simmered it while the fish was under the broiler. All in all a company worthy dish.
- 2 (8 ounce) salmon fillets, skinless
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 14 ounces fresh spinach, cleaned and snipped
- 1⁄2 cup shallot, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- kosher salt
- white pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a hot saute pan, add butter and as it begins to smoke, add salmon, spinach and shallots and cook on medium to low heat for 3 minutes.
- Flip salmon over and add heavy cream.
- Cover and reduce cream by half.
- In a small bowl, mix bread crumbs with mozzarella.
- When cream is reduced by half, after 8-10 minutes, salt and pepper salmon to taste.
- Remove salmon from pan and top with spinach, then with the crumb-cheese mixture.
- Put fish on broiler pan and reserve cream sauce.
- Place under boiler until the cheese is melted.
- Finish with the remaining cream sauce and serve.