1/1 Photo of Creamy Salmon Chowder
Serve this quickly prepared soup to your family or to dinner guests. They will thank you.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 2/3 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 1/2 cups yukon gold potatoes, unpeeled,diced
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill weed, minced
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1 (7 ounce) can pink salmon, with bones,drained
- 1 1/2 cups milk or 1 1/2 cups light cream
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup sliced scallion
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 1Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- 2Add onion, celery and red pepper; cook for about 5 minutes, mixing occasionally.
- 3Add the potatoes, zucchini, chicken broth, 2/3 cup water, dill, salt and pepper; stir to combine.
- 4Cover and bring mixture to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until the vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, empty salmon onto a plate and mash with fork to break up fish and bones.
- 6In a medium bowl, whisk cornstarch in milk to dissolve.
- 7Add salmon and milk mixture to saucepan and stir to combine.
- 8Bring to simmer; lower heat and bubble gently, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, about 10 minutes.
- 9Serve chowder garnished with scallions and dill.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Salmon Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (434 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 255.3
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 38.8 mg
- Sodium 389.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 17.3 g