Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This chowder is creamy, delicious and filling. Great with bread or hot buttered rolls for dunking. I found this recipe in an old cookbook I found at a thrift store. It's yummy and super easy to make!
- 1 (16 ounce) can pink salmon
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes, cut up
- 1 tablespoon snipped parsley
- Drain salmon, reserving liquid.
- Remove skin and bones from salmon, and then flake.
- Cook onion in margarine until tender, but not brown.
- Add soup and then gradually blend in reserved salmon liquid and milk.
- Add undrained tomatoes, salmon, parsley and sprinkling of salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Enjoy!
Loved the ease of it. Thought the flavor was good, but would like it more with some cheddar sprinkled over the top. Definitely serve with crackers or croutons. ZWT6
ZWT6: Super easy to make and full of flavor - perfect for the rainy cool weekend we had here in Michigan! Thank you for sharing!
Easy and tasty! This chowder was made with 3 cans of BumbleBee skinless and boneless salmon (6 oz) and Cream of Soup Mix With Variations - Substitute for the cheese soup plus 1/2 c. of shredded cheddar cheese. We liked it but would add some red pepper flakes and corn next time. Made for ZWT 4.