Recipe by Midwest Maven
This chowder is creamy, delicious and filling. Great with bread or hot buttered rolls for dunking. I found this recipe in an old cookbook I found at a thrift store. It's yummy and super easy to make!
- 1 (16 ounce) can pink salmon
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes, cut up
- 1 tablespoon snipped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain salmon, reserving liquid.
- Remove skin and bones from salmon, and then flake.
- Cook onion in margarine until tender, but not brown.
- Add soup and then gradually blend in reserved salmon liquid and milk.
- Add undrained tomatoes, salmon, parsley and sprinkling of salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Enjoy!