Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This has a short list of ingredients and is quick to put together. It is one of the fresher dishes on the Russian menu and absolutely wonderful as a side dish to chicken or lamb.
- 2 cups cucumbers, peeled and thinly sliced (about 2 medium-sized)
- 1 1⁄2 cups radishes, thinly sliced (about 8-10)
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
- salt and white pepper, to taste
- Place the cucumbers and radishes in a large bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and toss until the vegetables are coated thoroughly.
- Serve chilled.
This tasted 'just OK' as written, but going with my gut, and dissolving a little sugar in some apple cider vinegar and adding that, it was really good.