Recipe by Jesse&Rayye
Ok, I don't know if I made this up or not, but it is really really good. I serve it with a green salad of some kind, and some crusty bread! Serves approx. 4 people, depending on portion sizes.
- 500 g penne rigate
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 4 tomatoes, medium to large size
- 1 cup zucchini
- 1 cup red onion
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 -2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil (about a handful, to taste)
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut up all of the vegetables into bite size chunks (I slice the red onion into strips, though). Toss with the olive oil, most of the basil and salt and pepper.
- Roast vegetable in oven at about 400 until soft. (about 15 minutes? depends on your tastes, really).
- While vegetable are roasting, cook pasta according to package directions.
- When the veggies are done in the oven, take half the mix and puree in a blender.
- Heat the half and half and add the puree, stir. Add the remaining veg, taste and add more basil, salt and pepper if desired.
- Toss with hot cooked pasta.