Recipe by JamesDean'sGirl
Add a green salad, crusty multi grain bread with mozzarella, and a glass of wine and you've got a meal elegant enough for a small dinner party. This would make a good first course as well.
- 1⁄4 cup butter, divided
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and seeds removed
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can vegetable broth or 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, for 1-2 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Transfer onion mixture to a blender or food processor container; add red peppers and cover. Process until smooth.
- Melt the remaining butter in the same saucepan; stir in flour.
- Gradually stir in the evaporated milk and broth; cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil.
- Stir in the red pepper mixture, salt, and pepper; heat through.
- Ladel into bowls and serve hot.