This is very tasty and a change from the ordinary! I found this on Foodnetwork.com from a recipe of Giada de Laurentis' from her Everyday Italian program.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 2 (12 ounce) jars roasted red peppers, in water, drained
- 6 cups low sodium chicken broth, canned or 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 russet potato, peeled & coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- salt, to taste
- freshly ground coarse black pepper, to taste
- 16 slices baguette, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
- chopped fresh parsley leaves, garnish (optional)
- 1Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in large pot over medium-high heat.
- 2Add the onion, carrots, garlic and thyme and saute till onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- 3Add the broth, red peppers, potatoes, wine & sugar.
- 4Bring to a simmer over high heat.
- 5Decrease heat to medium-low.
- 6Partially cover and simmer until potatoes are very tender, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes.
- 7Cool soup slightly.
- 8Puree soup in a blender or food proccessor taking care with "hot" liquids.
- 9Season to taste.
- 10Heat remaining oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- 11Add bread cubes and saute until crisp and golden, about 8 minutes.
- 12Ladle soup into bowls, place a dollop of cheese in the center of each, top with croutons and sprinkle with parsley.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Soup
Serving Size: 1 (488 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 512.9
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2011.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 83.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 16.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: