Recipe by Oliver & Fischer's Mommy
This soup is so satisfying all by itself or served with homemade croutons, a hunk of crusy bread, or a grilled cheese sandwich. It is pretty simple to make and you can adjust the amount of each ingredient to suit your taste. Feel free to use all red peppers, or a mix of red, yellow, and orange. If you prefer not to roast the peppers yourself, use a jar of roasted peppers. Enjoy!
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 7.39 ml butter
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 yellow bell pepper (or 1 orange bell pepper)
- 2 large shallots, chopped
- 946.36 ml vegetable stock
- 2 small potatoes, peeled and chopped into 1 inch cubes
- 1 bunch fresh dill, chopped
- 29.58 ml sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- To Roast the Peppers:Cut the insides out of the peppers so that you have large flat pieces of peppers. Lay the peppers skin side up on a pan and lightly oil them. Roast the peppers in the oven at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes. Place peppers in a zipper top bag and allow to sit for several minutes. (The steam will help seperate the skins from the peppers). Remove the skins from the peppers and roughly chop them.
- For the Soup:Heat olive oil and butter in the pan.
- Add shallots, and cook for a few minutes.
- Add chopped potatoes, roasted peppers, and vegetable stock.
- Season liberally with salt and pepper.
- Cook mixture until the potatoes are tender.
- Use an imersion blender to puree the soup.
- Stir in sour cream and dill.
- Serve! :).