1/2 Photos of Creamy Roasted Pepper Soup
Oliver & Fischer's Mommy's Note:
This soup is so satisfying all by itself or served with homemade croutons, a hunk of crusy bread, or a grilled cheese sandwich. It is pretty simple to make and you can adjust the amount of each ingredient to suit your taste. Feel free to use all red peppers, or a mix of red, yellow, and orange. If you prefer not to roast the peppers yourself, use a jar of roasted peppers. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1To Roast the Peppers:Cut the insides out of the peppers so that you have large flat pieces of peppers. Lay the peppers skin side up on a pan and lightly oil them. Roast the peppers in the oven at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes. Place peppers in a zipper top bag and allow to sit for several minutes. (The steam will help seperate the skins from the peppers). Remove the skins from the peppers and roughly chop them.
- 2For the Soup:Heat olive oil and butter in the pan.
- 3Add shallots, and cook for a few minutes.
- 4Add chopped potatoes, roasted peppers, and vegetable stock.
- 5Season liberally with salt and pepper.
- 6Cook mixture until the potatoes are tender.
- 7Use an imersion blender to puree the soup.
- 8Stir in sour cream and dill.
- 9Serve! :).
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Roasted Pepper Soup
Serving Size: 1 (143 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 187.6
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 6.9 mg
- Sodium 27.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 3.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: