1 hr 10 mins
This recipe is from pinchmysalt.com.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 head cauliflower
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup artichoke heart, cooked
- 2 -3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups vegetable stock (or substitute chicken broth or plain water)
- 1 cup light cream (or half and half, whole milk, or even heavy cream)
- zest of one lemon
- 2 -3 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves only, crushed
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2Wash cauliflower then cut into flowerets.
- 3In a large bowl toss cauliflower with enough olive oil to lightly coat all the pieces then spread them out in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet.
- 4Place cauliflower in a preheated 425 degree oven and roast, turning pieces occasionally until almost tender (between 20-30 minutes)
- 5Remove cauliflower pieces to a bowl with tongs; set aside. There should be some olive oil left on the baking sheet. Very carefully pour the leftover oil into a soup pot or dutch oven.
- 6Add minced garlic to the oil in the pot and sauté over medium heat until just golden.
- 7Add cauliflower, artichoke hearts and vegetable stock to the pot and bring to a boil. Turn heat way down and simmer for a few minutes until cauliflower is fully tender (check with fork).
- 8Remove pot from heat and let cool slightly. Puree the soup until smooth using a food processor, blender, or immersion blender. Return to pot.
- 9Gently reheat soup then add one cup of light cream, zest of one lemon (not juice), crushed thyme, and lots of salt and fresh ground pepper to taste. Soup can be thinned with extra broth or water if desired. Remove from heat when soup is heated through again.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Roasted Cauliflower and Artichoke Soup
Serving Size: 1 (279 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 218.6
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 39.6 mg
- Sodium 211.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 7.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: