A rich, creamy asparagus soup exploding with flavor. Quick to toss together.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1To prep asparagus, rinse thouroughly and snap off dry ends of stalks or your soup will be grainy and gross. Roughly chop stalks, leaving about 1" left of the tops where the leaves are. Separate these tips for later use.
- 2Melt butter in heavy bottomed stock pot or dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- 3Chop raw bacon into 1" sections, add to melted butter and sautee until starting to brown.
- 4Add the chopped asparagus, leaving tips out. Stir occasionally until asparagus starts to brown a fair amount.
- 5Once browned reduce heat to medium then pour in chicken base, milk, soup, water and seasonings. Bring to simmer stirring until smooth. Puree with immersion blender or in regular blender in batches.
- 6Once smooth, stir cornstarch in with a few tablespoons of water until smooth, stir into the simmering soup. Mix in the florets set aside earlier.
- 7Simmer for 10-15 minutes until asparagus tips have softened.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Roasted Asparagus Soup
Serving Size: 1 (393 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 210.1
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 36.3 mg
- Sodium 202.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 10.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-fat cream of mushroom soup