Recipe by *Asha*
You can also make the horseradish sauce for this sandwich ahead of time. Refrigerate 1 hour or until ready to serve. Serve cold with the sandwiches.
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
Oh WOW this is such a great recipe! I made this recipe for a Saturday brunch using up leftover roast beef I had in my freezer, my DS and DH absolutely loved these pita sandwiches, the onions with cream cheese mixture is sooooo good! what a delicious recipe, please try this everyone! thanks for another great recipe Asha!..Kitten:)
- 1 cup onion, sliced, separated into rings
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 6 pita breads, cut in half
- 1 lb deli roast beef, shaved
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups lettuce, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook onions in butter in medium skillet on medium heat until tender, stirring frequently. Add cream cheese and milk.
- Reduce heat to low and cook until cream cheese is completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring occasionally. Stir in horseradish.
- Take the sauce of the heat and set aside.
- Fill pita pockets evenly with meat, tomatoes and lettuce.
- Drizzle with the horseradish sauce.