Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
First course or weeknight meal
- 2 cups reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 medium shallot
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coarse salt, divided
- 1 pinch fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 cup arborio rice
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 1⁄2 cup frozen edamame
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄8 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄8 cup grated parmigiano reggiano cheese
- 1⁄2 lb jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- crushed red pepper flakes
- cracked peppercorn
- Heat broth and keep warm.
- Heat 2 tbs oil in medium saute pan over medium high heat. Add shallots, 1/8 tsp salt and pepper saute 2 minutes. Add rice and stir to coat in oil. Cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes. Add wine, bring to a simmer and cook until wine is absorbed, about 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and add 1/2 cup warm broth. Cook stirring constantly, until liquid is completely absorbed. Continue adding broth, 1/2 cup at a time, cooking and stirring until broth is absorbed each time and rice is al dente, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Add edamame and cook 3 minutes.
- Take off heat and add butter, cream and cheese, stir until incorporated.
- Sprinkle shrimp with remaining salt, pepper flakes and cracked peppercorns. Heat remaining 1 tbs oil in a skillet, to smoking point. Add shrimp and saute just until firm and bright pink, about 4 miinutes, serve over risotto.