Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Haven't tried this yet but I would like to...
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup butter, divided
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup uncooked arborio rice
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- Heat water and broth in 2-quart saucepan over medium heat until it comes to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, melt 2 tablespoons butter in large saucepan over medium heat; add onion and cook until soft. Add rice and stir 2 to 3 minutes. Add wine; stir until absorbed. Increase heat to medium-high; stir in 1 cup water-broth mixture. Cook uncovered, stirring frequently, until liquid is absorbed. Continue stirring and adding remaining water-broth mixture, 1 cup at a time, allowing each cup to be absorbed before adding another. Cook until rice is tender and mixture has a creamy consistency, approximately 25 to 30 minutes.
- Stir in cream, cheese, salt, pepper and remaining butter. Stir until mixture is creamy, about 2 minutes. Serve immediately.
My DH and I loved this risotto! I used vegetable broth and didn't have cream, so used whole milk. Thank you for a yummy dish!