Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This Gluten Free Vegan Cheese Dip is based on a recipe from the phenomenal book Entertaining in the Raw by Matthew Kenney. http://www.elanaspantry.com/creamy-ricotta-dip/
- 1 cup pine nuts, soaked overnight
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 scallion, minced (green and white parts, remove and discard tip)
- 1 -2 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 1. Rinse pine nuts in cold water; then discard both soaking and rinsing water.
- 2. Place pine nuts in a food processor, along with lemon juice and water.
- 3. Process for 1-2 minutes, scraping down side of processor frequently, until smooth.
- 4. Process in scallions, thyme and salt, until texture of ricotta.
- 5. Remove from food processor to a serving dish.
- 6. Serve with your favorite dipping veggies.