Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is an extremely rich and creamy fudge recipe, it will definitely satisfy a sweet tooth craving. My husband and co-workers are always asking me to make this. If you have never made fudge, it may take a few times to get it right. Do not heat past 238 degrees or the fudge becomes dry. Also, if it is cooled too much before you beat it, it will harden very quickly. Beat the fudge until it just starts to lose its gloss.
- In a small saucepan heat chocolate and milk on low, stirring until melted.
- Add sugar, syrup and salt and cook to 234- 236 degrees F.
- Add butter and pour off into a bowl and then add vanilla.
- Allow to cool to approx.
- 120 to 125 degrees.
- After it has cooled, beat until it starts to lighten, lose its gloss and thicken.
- Pour into a greased 8 by 8 inch dish and let cool completely.
- Cut into cubes.