Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this receipe from my ex boyfriends mother and I just loved it. It is very simple to make once you have all the ingredients and clean and unshell the shrimp. I've cooked it for everyone in my family and they always call again and again for the receipe.
- 20 medium shrimp (raw,cleaned, unshelled)
- 1 (8 ounce) can Campbell's Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 bunch green onion
- 1⁄2 bell pepper
- 3 celery ribs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup rice
- 2 cups water
- dice green onions, bell pepper, and celery
- place butter in skillet to melt then sautee diced mixture 1-2 minutes.
- add shrimp and sautee until color turns pink.
- in separate skillet combine soup and water and stir until blended creamy (may add more water but do not make thin!).
- add sauteed mixture and cover on low heat.
- cook until see low boil (as you would soup).
- add paprika and cayenne pepper to taste (I usually use 1 teaspoon of each because I like spicy!).
- place over rice.
- to make rice.
- combine rice and water.
- bring to boil then reduce heat to simmer.
- cover tightly for about 15 minutes.