Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Tout Simplement Clodine. It looks yummy.
- 1 1⁄4 cups white rice (basmati, jasmin)
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen peas, unthawed
- 150 g boursin cheese (garlic and herb blends)
- 1⁄2 cup milk, warm
- 3 -4 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 -3 mint leaves, chopped (optional)
- salt and pepper
- Cook rice, follow the instruction on the package.
- About 7 minutes, before the end of the cooking time, add frozen peas, mix and keep cooking.
- When the rice is cooked, add remaining ingredients. Mix well. If needed, add more milk to obtain a good texture and a good taste. Serve immediately.
Delicious, and so easy! I made as directed, without using the optional mint, and would not change a thing. Rich and creamy, we really enjoyed this rice - thanks for sharing the recipe!
This was very easy to throw together and made rice much more interesting. Next time I would add garlic somehow- roasted garlic would be wonderful and make this a more than 5 star recipe! Thanks Boomette!
5 stars because it finally got toddler DD to eat rice, a lovely simple side to do, went well with our chicken casserole. I used flavoured cream cheese instead of boursin and left out the mint. Thanks Boomie!