1/1 Photo of Creamy Rice With Lemon, Herbs, and Parmesan
This wonderful rice dish has the texture of risotto without the constant stirring. Taken from the Oct 2002 issue of "Bon Apetit."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 quarts water
- 2 cups arborio rice (12 to 13 ounces) or 2 cups medium grain rice (12 to 13 ounces)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 6 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces, room temperature
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 lemon, rind of, grated
- 1 cup packed grated parmesan cheese, plus
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese (about 3 ounces)
- fresh basil sprig
- 1Bring 4 quarts water to boil in large pot over high heat.
- 2Add rice and onion.
- 3Boil until rice is just tender, about 16 minutes.
- 4Drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid.
- 5Mix parsley, butter, basil, lemon juice, and lemon peel in large bowl.
- 6Add hot rice mixture, stir to melt butter.
- 7Add reserved 1/2 cup cooking liquid and 1 cup cheese; stir.
- 8Season with salt and pepper.
- 9Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons cheese.
- 10Garnish with basil sprigs and serve.
Browse Our Top Short-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Short-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Rice With Lemon, Herbs, and Parmesan
Serving Size: 1 (767 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 432.9
- Calories from Fat 154
- Total Fat 17.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 46.6 mg
- Sodium 405.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 12.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, rind of