Creamy Rice Salad With Country Ham and Peas
- In a medium saucepan, combine the rice, salt, and 3 cups water.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Decrease to a simmer, cover, and cook until the liquid has evaporated and the rice is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let stand, still covered, for 10 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork and let it cool, uncovered.
- In a large salad bowl, toss the rice with the ham, peas, mayonnaise, sour cream, parsley, onion, garlic, lemon juice, and hot sauce.
- Serve with plenty of extra hot sauce to pass at the table.