My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups long-grain white rice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup diced country-style ham (1/4 lb. thick cut)
- 3/4 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce, plus extra for serving
- 1In a medium saucepan, combine the rice, salt, and 3 cups water.
- 2Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- 3Decrease to a simmer, cover, and cook until the liquid has evaporated and the rice is tender, about 20 minutes.
- 4Remove the pan from the heat and let stand, still covered, for 10 minutes.
- 5Fluff with a fork and let it cool, uncovered.
- 6In a large salad bowl, toss the rice with the ham, peas, mayonnaise, sour cream, parsley, onion, garlic, lemon juice, and hot sauce.
- 7Serve with plenty of extra hot sauce to pass at the table.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Rice Salad With Country Ham and Peas
Serving Size: 1 (109 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 273.7
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 19.1 mg
- Sodium 517.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 8.4 g