1/3 Photos of Creamy Rice Pudding - Bonnie Stern
1 hr 15 mins
Diana #2's Note:
"There's too much liquid", you're going to say. Trust me....this will work out to be the creamiest rice pudding you've ever made. Stir once in a while to prevent any rice from sticking to the bottom, and use a large pot to avoid the mixture from boiling over. Short grain rice will produce a creamier pudding then brown or long grain. The cooking time may seem long and tedious, but because it cooks at the lowest setting, it does not need constant supervision. Another wonderful recipe from her Heart Smart Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring water to a boil in a large saucepan. Add rice. Cover and return to the boil. Reduce to simmering and cook, covered, for 15 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- 2Combine sugar, cornstarch and salt in a bowl. Whisk in 1 cup of the milk stirring until smooth.
- 3Add sugar mixture, remaining 4 cups of milk, nutmeg and raisins to the rice. Stir well and bring to a boil.
- 4Reduce to the lowest simmer setting, and cook, covered for 1 - 1-1/2 hours, or until mixture is creamy and tender. Stirring occasionally. Stir in vanilla.
- 5Serve warm or cold, with a sprinkling of cinnamon.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Rice Pudding - Bonnie Stern
Serving Size: 1 (209 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 192.6
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 21.3 mg
- Sodium 94.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 11.0 g
- Protein 5.9 g