Recipe by Ellie in Illinois
We have a lot of Greek restaurants in our area, and they all serve Rice Pudding. This recipe is as good, if not better than theirs. My Mom always ordered Rice Pudding when we would go out. Then one day she found this recipe and tried it and said I found a recipe that is better than the restaurants. SHE WAS RIGHT. This is the best that I have ever had.
Top Review by Mister Chef Man
Very easy to make and tasty. I used Basmati rice and left out the rasins. I also added clove, nutmeg, allspice, cinimon and cardimum. On the top I put toasted coconut. Worked out very well.
- 6 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 3⁄4 cup white rice (not instant)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (optional)
- 1 cup heavy cream (whipping cream, not whipped)
- 3 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine milk and rice in a saucepan.
- bring to a boil.
- Simmer on low heat 50-55 minutes, stirring often.
- Be careful not to burn.
- Combine cream, egg yolks, vanilla, salt, sugar, and raisins together, and add to rice mixture.
- Cook until thickens, stirring constantly.
- Pour into a 2 1/2 quart serving dish.
- Sprinkle cinnamon on top.
- Serve it warm or chilled.