Recipe by spatchcock
A deliciously creamy rice pudding. More work to prepare than the kind you bake in the oven, but it's worth the effort.
Top Review by Elly in Canada
We love this pudding, it is nice and creamy, folding in the beaten egg whites creates a light and fluffy texture, oooh so yummy!!! We like it warm with some cinnamon sprinkled on top. It sets up nicely when chilled. A little time consuming to make, but worth the effort!
- 1⁄4 cup uncooked white rice
- 2 cups milk
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine rice and milk on top of double boiler.
- Cook uncovered for 45 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Beat together egg yolks, 1/4 cup sugar and salt.
- Stir part of the of rice mixture into beaten yolks.
- Add yolk mixture to hot rice mixture and cook 3-4 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Add vanilla.
- Beat egg whites until frothy.
- Add 2 T. sugar
- Beat until stiff.
- Fold egg whites into pudding.