Recipe by Annevdw54
This is a Rice pudding recipe that I received from a friend of mine years ago. She has since passed away from Breast Cancer. She always bragged about it . One day when I was craving rice pudding I happened to bump into her and she gave me her recipe. It has never failed me.Easy as 1-2-3. You can add as much nutmeg,cinnamon or even almond extract and it will be delicious.Tweek to your hearts content.Just follow the basic recipe exactly.
- 1 cup white rice (not instant rice)
- 3 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 (4 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
Directions See How It's Made
- Add 3 cups of milk to saucepan.
- Add 1 cup of cooked rice to milk.
- Add butter,sugar,egg and vanilla extract to rice mixture.
- Bring to a slow simmer for approx.45 minute until it thickens.
- While mixture is simmering prepare vanilla pudding as per instructions and set aside.
- When rice mixture is thick, remove from heat and let cool for a 1 hour.
- Stir vanilla pudding into cooled rice mixture and refrigerate.
- When serving you may sprinkle cinnamon or nutmeg on top or incorporate into rice mixture at the same time you add the vanilla. pudding.