Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Here we have a rice pudding recipe that was originally posted on the 2003 "get milk" Canadian milk calendar. This is a fairly basic rice pudding, with raisins. It is quite decadent and very rich. You could lighten it up using 3 cups 2% milk and 1 cup evaporated milk rahter than the 1 cup of whipping cream.
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1⁄2 cup arborio rice
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Combine the rice, whipping cream, whole milk, cinnamon and brown sugar into a large saucepan with a cover.
- Over medium heat, bring the mixture to a boil, stirring frequently. Once its boiling, turn the heat down to a simmer, and cover the pudding. Stir occasionally. Let this simmer for about 20 minutes.
- After the 20 minutes, and the raisins and simmer for an additional 5 minutes until the rice is tender (I usually cook it another 15 minutes. I like how thick it gets with the extra cooking).
- Add the vanilla just before serving.