Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
An Americanized version of congee and as such is served sweet with milk and dried fruit. You must use medium or short grain rice.
- 1 cup medium grain rice, such as Calrose (or short-grain rice such as Arborio)
- 2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups evaporated skim milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- Combine all the ingredients in a slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours (or overnight) or until tender and creamy.
- Stir the porridge well and serve straight from the pot with no embellishment.