Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
Easy and healthy breakfast recipe. In Asia it's expensive to buy imported cerals from the states and my family has become used to finding other types of "cereal" to eat! This is a great way to make cereal out of leftover rice for us! I'm surprised we found this in a cookbook and hadn't figured it out on our own yet. This is from the Brackett's 7 Secrets Cookbook to lose weight, lower cholesterol, and reverse diabetes. Preparation time doesn't include cooking the rice.
- 1 cup coconut milk or 1 cup soymilk
- 1 banana
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 4 cups cooked rice
- crushed pineapple, and
- raisins, to your liking
- Blend together the cocnut or soy milk, banana, juice, and coconut extract.
- Place rice in a casserole dish that is sprayed with a nonstick spray or you can use a little oil. Fold in the crushed pineapple and raisins. Stir in the blended milk and juice.
- Bake a 350 degrees F about 20 minutes until hot enough to serve, or about 8 minutes in the microwave.
What a lovely different way to use up leftover rice, I used regular milk and Warm Apple Delight instead of pineapple with some dried cranberries & blueberries for a tasty & filling brekky!
This recipe was a success in our house. I ran out of bananas, so I added apple sauce instead. I also used dates instead of raisens. Used vanilla instead of coconut extract. Thanks for posting.
Yummy! A pina colada with banana's and raisins. I recently changed to vegetarian it's recipes like this that make it seem not so big of a deal. Thanks for posting, it's a keeper.