Recipe by Enjolinfam
Easy and healthy breakfast recipe. In Asia it's expensive to buy imported cerals from the states and my family has become used to finding other types of "cereal" to eat! This is a great way to make cereal out of leftover rice for us! I'm surprised we found this in a cookbook and hadn't figured it out on our own yet. This is from the Brackett's 7 Secrets Cookbook to lose weight, lower cholesterol, and reverse diabetes. Preparation time doesn't include cooking the rice.
Top Review by **Mandy**
What a lovely different way to use up leftover rice, I used regular milk and recipe #317080 instead of pineapple with some dried cranberries & blueberries for a tasty & filling brekky!
- 1 cup coconut milk or 1 cup soymilk
- 1 banana
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 4 cups cooked rice
- crushed pineapple, and
- raisins, to your liking
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend together the cocnut or soy milk, banana, juice, and coconut extract.
- Place rice in a casserole dish that is sprayed with a nonstick spray or you can use a little oil. Fold in the crushed pineapple and raisins. Stir in the blended milk and juice.
- Bake a 350 degrees F about 20 minutes until hot enough to serve, or about 8 minutes in the microwave.