1/2 Photos of Creamy Rice Casserole
pattikay in L.A.'s Note:
A simple and flavorful rice side dish from the Border Cookbook, posted for ZWT 3, Mexico. Prep time does not include time needed to cook rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups corn kernels
- 1/2 cup mild green chili, chopped and roasted
- 3 cups cooked rice, preferably cooked in chicken stock
- 4 ounces asadero cheese, grated (or monterey jack or a cheddar or jack blend)
- 1/2 cup creme fraiche or 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons minced cilantro
- 1preheat oven to 350. grease a baking dish.
- 2warm the butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- 3add the onion and saute till soft. stir in the corn and chile and cook for about 5 minutes.
- 4transfer the corn and chile mixture to a large bowl.
- 5stir in the rice and remaining ingredients.
- 6spoon the mixture into the baking dish and bake, covered for 25 minutes.
- 7uncover and bake for 5 minutes more.
- 8serve warm.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Rice Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (234 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 332.3
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 57.3 mg
- Sodium 227.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 8.3 g