Recipe by pattikay in L.A.
A simple and flavorful rice side dish from the Border Cookbook, posted for ZWT 3, Mexico. Prep time does not include time needed to cook rice.
Top Review by anme
I had a slew of left over rice today.... and I was just so sick of making fried rice... and this recipe put the cooked rice to excellent use! I used low fat sour cream, brown rice, and part skim cheese to make this a bit more healthy. Also I added in some left over roasted garlic since everything tastes good with garlic lol!! Great recipe to use up cooked rice or not!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn kernels
- 1⁄2 cup mild green chili, chopped and roasted
- 3 cups cooked rice, preferably cooked in chicken stock
- 4 ounces asadero cheese, grated (or monterey jack or a cheddar or jack blend)
- 1⁄2 cup creme fraiche or 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons minced cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 350. grease a baking dish.
- warm the butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- add the onion and saute till soft. stir in the corn and chile and cook for about 5 minutes.
- transfer the corn and chile mixture to a large bowl.
- stir in the rice and remaining ingredients.
- spoon the mixture into the baking dish and bake, covered for 25 minutes.
- uncover and bake for 5 minutes more.
- serve warm.