This makes a great side dish. Make certain to bring the cooked rice mixture down to room temperature before adding in the beaten egg whites, and use only cold cooked rice, this is a great recipe to use up any leftover rice. If your rice has been previously salted then omit adding in any salt.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Set oven rack to second-lowest position.
- 3Butter a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate.
- 4In a heavy saucepan simmer rice and half and half cream or milk with salt over low heat for about 20 minutes, stirring frequently until very thick (this should take about 20 minutes).
- 5Remove from heat and stir in butter, then 5 egg yolks and the Parmesan cheese; mix well to combine.
- 6Transfer to a large bowl and cool to room temperature.
- 7Stir in green onion and pepper after cooled.
- 8In a bowl, beat 5 egg whites with a pinch of salt with an electic mixer on high speed until soft peaks form.
- 9Fold egg whites into the cooled rice mixture.
- 10Pour into the prepared pie plate.
- 11Bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until set and golden brown.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Rice and Parmesan Spoon Bake
Serving Size: 1 (193 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 479.7
- Calories from Fat 314
- Total Fat 34.9 g
- Saturated Fat 20.1 g
- Cholesterol 348.3 mg
- Sodium 581.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 21.5 g