Recipe by Redneck Epicurean
Around Mom and Dad's, this would only be eaten by Mom, Chris, and me. Pop wouldn't really get excited over rice and shrooms. I DO, however. I love them both. This is easy and good with beef or chicken.
Top Review by pansregnig
I followed the recipe. The first night it was moist, but didn't taste too great. The flavor was a bit overwhelming mushroomy. The next day it tasted pretty good, but be careful in the reheating or it will dry. I would put this together a day ahead, and then bake, and hopefully get the flavor and the moist texture.
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 3 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 3 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Grease 11 x 7-inch baking dish.
- Melt margarine in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms, onion, garlic and Worcestershire sauce; cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes or until mushrooms are soft.
- Beat cream cheese and eggs in large mixer bowl until creamy.
- Mix in evaporated milk, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Stir in rice and mushroom mixture.
- Pour into prepared casserole dish.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until set and light brown around edges.