Recipe by Tomboy
A simple old fashioned desert, this recipe was handed down from my Great Grandma and is a family favourite of three generations.
- 600 ml milk (Skim or full cream)
- 1⁄2 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 5 tablespoons rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all the ingredients in a large saucepan.
- Stir over low eat till begins to boil.
- Cover and simmer over VERY LOW heat for 20-30 mins or until the rice is cooked, stirring often.
- WARNING:Boils over very easily if heat is too high!
- Serve warm or chilled.