This is quick, tastes rich and creamy. Great to take to cookouts and potlucks!!!
Make and share this Creamy Red Potato Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 6 medium round red potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 (2 ounce) jar diced pimentos, drained
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- paprika, to garnish
- Cut potatoes into 1/2-inch chunks; place in a medium saucepan.
- Add water to cover.
- Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and cool.
- Combine potato, celery, chopped green onions, pimiento, and hard boiled eggs, if using, in a large bowl; toss gently.
- Combine mayonnaise and next 9 ingredients; stir well.
- Add to potato mixture, tossing gently to coat.
- Cover and chill.
- Sprinkle with paprika to garnish.