This is quick, tastes rich and creamy. Great to take to cookouts and potlucks!!!
Make and share this Creamy Red Potato Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 6 medium round red potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 (2 ounce) jar diced pimentos, drained
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- paprika, to garnish
- Cut potatoes into 1/2-inch chunks; place in a medium saucepan.
- Add water to cover.
- Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and cool.
- Combine potato, celery, chopped green onions, pimiento, and hard boiled eggs, if using, in a large bowl; toss gently.
- Combine mayonnaise and next 9 ingredients; stir well.
- Add to potato mixture, tossing gently to coat.
- Cover and chill.
- Sprinkle with paprika to garnish.
So, so good! You would never know that it uses low and no fat dairy for the delicious creamy dressing. This wil lbe my potato salad recipe from now on. I only made a few changes. I only had red wine vinegar and increased the eggs to 4. Don't look any further. This is the potao salad recipe you are looking for.
Delicious! I didn't have any sour cream, so I used half low fat mayo and half fat free yogurt. It turned out great!
A creamy, tangy and tasty potato salad. I used the optional hard-boiled eggs (gotta have them in potato salad). The pimientos added a nice color. You'd never guess that the dressing was made from low fat ingredients. Thanx for posting this. I'll certainly make this again.