Recipe by Shuzbud
I was surprised how quickly and easily this recipe came together. It's tasty and looks good. I used creme fraiche for this but I expect sour cream would work as well.
- 2 cups dry pasta (or equivalent of fresh pasta)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts, diced
- 1 red onion, peeled and diced
- 1⁄3 cup sun-dried tomato pesto
- 1⁄3 cup creme fraiche
- 1⁄2 tablespoon finely grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring water to the boil in a saucepan and start to cook the pasta (if using fresh pasta, start cooking it later).
- Heat the oil in a skillet over a medium heat. Add the diced chicken and cook for 4 minutes.
- Add the diced red onion and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the sundried tomato pesto and creme fraiche to the chicken and onion in the skillet. Stir and heat through thoroughly, making sure the chicken is fully cooked.
- Stir in the grated parmesan cheese and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the sauce to the pasta, stir through and serve, or alternatively serve the pasta topped with the sauce.